the solution

First, could no one think of anything better at all than the two apple-pie centered comments on the last post? Then I think conclusively apple pie wins. (And boy, was it delicious!!)

Second:

Since I am only in my twenties, I cannot say that I have done anything for the last 50 years. However my hypothesis at this time is that mathematics is one of the most emotional things I will ever do in my entire life. One minute you think you finally did it this time... figured out the proof of something, fully, honestly, you yourself, thought about something logically and solved a complete problem. What joy!

And then of course. No. you spot a simple and small hole. And you think... but thats nothing, it doesn't really throw out the whole... but then it starts glaring at you. Ha! as if you actually figured something out! how could you possibly think you could tackle Mathematics.

So you walk away. Take some time. Think of something new, something different... something with hope, something that might just be... the solution.

1 comment:

  1. I had Calc II with Prof. Clay last semester and near the end of the class, we took a Friday to watch The Proof (movie about Fermat's Last Theorem/Andrew Wiles). If you haven't seen it, I recommend it; it basically says what you just said above in a movie.
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Translate