Pickled Beets, Lentil Flour, and a Half Marathon

I have to thank a friend for introducing me to her pickled beets this week. They were so delicious. Sweet, spicy, and melt in your mouth, even somewhat nutritious! Unfortunately, she opened their last jar for me to taste them. Which just means there will be pickled beet canning coming up. I am looking forward to adding them to my meals.

In other kitchen news, I bought eight pounds of lentil flour without having a single recipe which uses lentil flour. Its terribly saddening that I am going to have to spend a good amount of time looking through cook books and cooking websites to find recipes which use lentil flour - not! I relish the challenge!

Ooo, lentil bread, lentil crackers... whoa! peanut butter cookies! I will have to try those. Whoa, whoa! Even a 5-min chocolate mug cake recipe with lentil flour, jackpot!

Lastly, I am running 13.1 miles this weekend. For some annoying reason, if you tell people you are running a half marathon or a 10k or whatever, they think you are running a race far away with hundreds of people.

However, since there are no races of that distance in my area this weekend or any near by weekends, I'm running 13.1 miles myself and counting it as if I am doing a half marathon,
which technically I am.
So there.
After this run, I'm going to diversify my workouts and try something easier... like a sprint triathlon!

Anyway, I'm starting at 10am CDT and should finish around noon, so if you would like to cheer me on, please let me know. I'll give you the start/finish line and the route.

Perhaps someone can stand before the finish line and play the Rocky theme or Eye of the Tiger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate