Simply Pickled to Meet You

In the wake of emotional upheaval,
I usually cook.
So... look out!
There will be some cooking adventures coming up.

The first is making my own pickles.
This summer I read this great article in the NYTimes about how pickles are very easy and simple to make at home, and really only takes three ingredients: cucumbers, water, and salt.

So I said to myself, I like pickles. I have water and salt. I can get some cucumbers. I have a few (maybe too many) empty glass jars. I too can make pickles!

Yesterday, I put all three ingredients in the jar as shown, and, as the article says, after a day the water has gotten a little cloudy. I am excited about this science experiment and am looking forward to my simple pickles. Perhaps if they are good, I'll get a little fancy with my next batch. ;)

This next week will be a busy one for me, as we are welcoming the incoming student to the seminary, so hopefully I will be back soon to tell you how the pickles turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate