Getting Dressed

You know those children's books
the ones that stick in your head your entire life
the ones that always get you no matter how many times you read it
I have many, silly as they are, they give meaning
meaning and order and continuity to our lives
as God would intend for our creativity to do
opening our hearts and minds to the wonder of this broken world
sometimes its the joy that shows what beauty broken is.

I get dressed in simple fashion, the same way as every human does
one piece at a time despite the importance of the clothes or occasion
and yet the special times I hear and see
the philharmonic, getting dressed in all black
with one man reading in the tub with the cat watching by
as my collar wraps around my neck
connecting me to people far and wide doing
the simple things that draw together
all in black for the great occasion
the shirt is straightened with a smile
the music floats and rises


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate