meanwhile, back at the fort...

While Sonic is sitting in her corner debating the finer points of her academic future and talents, I have been preparing for my journey back into the college world from the summer. That means, of course, packing, going to the psychologist, buying practically a portable kitchen, getting metal pins removed from my collarbone, and trying to remember if I lost my guitar tuner or already packed it. The eventfulness of my summer might be noted here, but as a newly handicapped, newly gluten-free cook who is looking forward to being RA to freshman and double (TWO!) comping, why relive the past when the future looks so bright? But truly the world is not all that bad after ones' first shower in 48 days after years of being accustomed to showers everyday. One might even say it is an amazing feeling, stepping into the hot raining water that massages the skin as one cleanses oneself from the dust and grim of the heat of the day. Surely everyone can agree that sometimes there is nothing better than a nice hot shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate