Goldfish and their varying expressions (or lack thereof)

So I'm sitting here pretending to comp, eating some goldfish crackers, and I wonder: why do some goldfish have smiles and some don't? First I took a survey of 25 goldfish randomly taken out of the bag. Eight of these had smiles, seventeen did not. I thought maybe the ones with smiles had just forgotten that they are about to be eaten, or they have accepted this fact. Although, it seems slightly upsetting that almost 33% of these goldfish would just accept their fate without any confrontation. I do hope they are not persuaded by the no-emotion goldfish to revolt during my snack time...

Since I'm "comping", I did a little research via Google to see other opinions posed on the matter. The best answer I could find for the this phenomena was: "[it's] a genetic defect caused by exposure to powdered salt." Sounds like a good answer to me.



Fun Fact: Real goldfish have a memory span of at least three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate