Ode to Laundry

I gather you from every corner of the carpet,
and lug you to the far corner of the building,
then shove you into the corners of the washer.
(wait, a washing machine drum is cylindrical...)
Round and round you go until you vomit.

I return for you in precisely 29 minutes,
but somehow you run for seven more.
Of course, there's no dryers open,
so I proceed to make twelve more visits.

I empty you into the next machine.
Damn, how did this red sock get in with whites?
I hang up those of you that can't take the heat,
and toss in a sheet that smells so fresh and clean.

I'll come get you by the end of the day,
but my jeans' pockets shall still be damp.
I haul you back up the stairs to my domain.
The least you could do is put yourselves away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate