I've survived a whole year in the *real* world!

First off, congratulations to all the seniors who are graduating today and in the weeks to come!

Graduation at Allegheny means that it has officially been one whole year since Yoda and myself graduated. And we're still alive!! I remember a year ago around this time I was trying to imagine where I would be in a year (ie. now). I don't think I would have been utterly surprised could I have known then, but a few details would have had me expelling a few "Hmm, really?!" 's.

For one, I do indeed have a little pup, Zoey, now (but she's getting so big!). She's definitely the high point in my day almost every day and helps keep me sane (usually by pulling me all the way through the insanity spectrum that we pop back to the opposite side). Having a puppy also leads to doing and saying some weird things, such as:

  • Saying "shove it up Spiderman's butt."
  • Putting a teddy bear in the freezer, on purpose.
  • Hearing the phrase "we don't sniff ladies like that."

Those are just a few examples that come to mind.

The little pup after one of our grand adventures


Living on my own in a non-college-dorm setting has been quite the experience. For instance, I now get to dabble in the fine art of interior decorating that doesn't involve taping comic strips to my wall, owning a salad bowl, actually using car insurance, and lighting candles whenever I want (and remembering to blow them out). Living in the DC area has added to the sudden change as well, mostly via all the traffic.

Overall, it's been a pretty decent year with its shares of ups and downs, but Zoey and I are still living good and having fun. Hopefully this coming year will be filled with more adventures and happy surprises!

PS. A special shout out to all the mommy's for Mother's Day tomorrow! Especially mine, because, well, she's the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate