Dinner Guests -- Round 1.1

OK, here's the deal: I'm having a dinner party where I can invite any fictional characters from books, TV, movies, etc. The catch? I only have 3 extra dining room chairs. To help, I've decided to pick my dinner guests bracket-style. I'll then take the final four and eliminate one. I made a list of my top 64 fictional characters (hopefully I didn't forget anyone!) and then randomly placed them on the bracket. This post will choose the first quarter of the bracket. First off here's the bracket:


Kaylee Frye (Firefly)








Abed Nadir (Community)



James “Sawyer” Ford (Lost)








Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)



Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter)








Andrew “Ender” Wiggin (Ender's Game)



River Tam (Firefly)








Rose Tyler (Doctor Who)



George Weasley (Harry Potter)








Han Solo (Star Wars)



Dr. John Watson (Sherlock Holmes)








R2D2 (Star Wars)



Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas)








The 11th Doctor (Doctor Who)



Ron Weasley (Harry Potter)








Leia Organa (Star Wars)











And my picks:


Kaylee v. Abed
While Kaylee is one of the sweetest people in the 'Verse, I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to have dinner with Abed (at least this early in the game).

Sawyer v. Tyrion
Sawyer's quick wit and sardastic style made this one a no contest. If he happens to make it to the end, I can't wait to hear the nicknames he gives the other dinner guests.

Neville v. Ender
This was a tough one. I think it mostly boiled down to the fact that I'm not as far along in Ender's series as I would like and I've read and seen the Harry Potter books and movies so much at this point that Neville is like an old friend.

River Tam v. Rose
Another close one, and I think if it was more of a long term thing I would choose Rose, but River is bound to make any evening quite interesting.

George Weasley v. Han Solo
Both of these gentlemen are lovable and humorous, but I'm going to have to go with Han (I mean his ship did make the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs).

Watson v. R2D2
Sorry Dr. Watson, it's gonna take a lot to beat out my favorite robot. Bleep bloop.

Odd v. 11th Doctor
One of the hardest contests this round, but Odd is one of my favorite characters of all time. And there are two other time lords in the contest. And Odd is the only fry cook who sees dead people (and then, by God, he does something about it).

Ron v. Leia
Another toughy, but I have to go with the bad ass chick. Sorry, Ron, us girls gotta stick together.

And the first quarter of the bracket after Round 1:

Kaylee Frye (Firefly)




Abed Nadir


Abed Nadir (Community)



James “Sawyer” Ford (Lost)




Sawyer


Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)



Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter)




Neville Longbottom


Andrew “Ender” Wiggin (Ender's Game)



River Tam (Firefly)




River Tam


Rose Tyler (Doctor Who)



George Weasley (Harry Potter)




Han Solo


Han Solo (Star Wars)



Dr. John Watson (Sherlock Holmes)




R2D2


R2D2 (Star Wars)



Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas)




Odd Thomas


The 11th Doctor (Doctor Who)



Ron Weasley (Harry Potter)




Leia Organa


Leia Organa (Star Wars)





2 comments:

  1. You kicked out Yoda! That's my pseudonym!! I told you this might be too much for me to handle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! It wasn't an easy choice, but Jack Shaftoe is a tough competitor...

    ReplyDelete

Translate