Delusional Trust


http://scienceblog.com/60653/trust-makes-you-delusional-and-thats-not-all-bad/

This article seems funny to me. I have no doubts about this conclusion. How we look at the world is determined by how we remember other experiences and ideas. Trust is built over time and through certain kinds of situations. I am very glad that I trust my boyfriend and I am very glad that my trust can be a positive force in our relationship. It is funny though how we look at 'being delusional.' As if having a lens through which you view reality is a bad thing. We cannot get away from the lenses we use to view reality. We cannot comprehend reality without any lenses, we would not be able to assign any values to our experiences or feelings. I would not want a world in which I could not understand anything in any way. I may not always like the lenses which make me delusional, but I can work to change them when they make themselves known. I rather accept trust as a positive delusion. I do know that some day that may hurt me, but then it also may not. The uncertainty is probably worth the forgiveness and happiness which I have experienced in my life so far. I wonder what other value lens make us delusional by psychological standards. I would guess love also for sure. Love colors our worlds and makes us able to live with and accept other people despite lots of bad experiences. Those experiences matter less when you love another person in any way. I might rather have a kinder world in which we are all 'delusional' because of trust or love. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate