The Magic of Gold


The article I read today was very cool. http://scienceblog.com/60728/how-gold-particles-dna-and-water-will-shape-future-of-medicine/ I didn't know how a home pregnancy test works, and the idea of being able to diagnose diseases with water, blood, and gold particles is so simple and cool. It does take a fair bit of work I would assume to set the procedure up so that the gold particles and the DNA-zyme solution works when it comes in contact with the water and blood. The article makes it seem so simple that I could buy some gold particles and mix them up with blood and water and see if I have malaria or cancer. However, the ability of the powder they are making could seriously help the doctors, nurses, and volunteers working in areas with high rates of health problems to more efficiently diagnose and help certain patients. I wonder how much gold this procedure takes and whether there would be any fall out from that. I doubt it, but you never know. It probably wouldn't do anyone any good in the medical test powder, and certainly not after it has been used to test someone for a disease.
If you haven't looked at any of the science blog pages that I have taken articles from, you totally should. There are so many interesting articles and things going on in science these days. Did you know also that there is a Society of Ordained Scientists? Perhaps someday I would be able to work with them. Although I am a mathematician by training. I wonder if there is a society for ordained mathematicians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Ordained_Scientists and http://home.earthlink.net/~jjkeggi/SOSc/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate