Protein, Penguins, and People, Spy Wednesday's Three P's


Today is Spy Wednesday for Lent Madness! Do not miss it!
The first article I read today is about how protein rich breakfasts can cut down on snacking later in the day. I think this is great research to help people make better food choices. I don't usually have a protein rich breakfast. One of the things that lots of gluten free and or paleo people do is have whatever they want for breakfast, obviously not including grains. I have pretty much always been a cereal girl and have eaten cereal for breakfast most of my life. I have thought about changing my habits since going gluten free, but there is a time issue in the mornings many times. Also, most normal sausage patties or links are not soy free for some reason and so I cannot buy the easy to make breakfast meats.
The second article I read today was about how four different kinds of penguins used to live in Africa instead of just the one species that lives there now. I am very interested in penguins, so I had to read the article. The reason is linked to changing sea water levels by the scientists studying the fossils and not humans. However, the scientist do point out that humans have made the remaining penguin population decline by over fishing of the penguin's natural food source and by oil spills in that region. I hope that humans can work towards managing the area and the fishing better to protect the ecosystem in which penguins live! Penguins!
The third article I read today was about how women make better decisions than men. Of course, once you read the titles of all the articles I read today, you know exactly why I had to read three of them. I wasn't just trying to make you read more here. Though I do promote that as well! Come and read and comment! Now, back to the article. Apparently this is in the situation of women board leaders in charge of corporations instead of men. Having women as leaders is better for the health of the company, despite traditional understandings that men are better. The professors who did this study said that women only account for 9% of board directors "despite evidence showing that their presence has been linked to better organizational performance, higher rates of return, more effective risk management and even lower rates of bankruptcy." Who doesn't like the sound of that? I am definitely all for a higher percentage of women board directors and women's rights and respect across the board. Being that I am a woman, I do have a tendency to think that collaboration with everyone is more likely to make better decisions and have better outcomes.
The three P's of today: protein, penguins, and people! Do not forget any of them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate