Veritaserum and Authenticity

"The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth..."

How many people out there believe this exists?
It would seem to me that the truth is way too complicated to be able to share the whole thing. I mean the movement of atoms, the rotation of the stars, the movement of people, consequences, cause and effect, all working at the same time, not to mention human variability. How could you untangle the whole truth about something without leaving out anything?

As a Christian, I believe that truth lies with God. Not that we cannot see it or know some of it, but the whole truth lies with God. Of course, that is not going to stop any scientist looking for a protection against lies, but I am not always so sure we would want a world without lies. Human beings can be very harsh without our lies. I think the author of the article, was very correct in asserting that if an accurate truth drug were to be found, there would be some ethical grey areas to be tackled by the legal and ethical communities, and hopefully together.

Perhaps, humanity just needs to work on being more authentic. I will give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate