Burnout and CHD or Sabbath? I'll choose Sabbath

The article suggests that people at the top of the burnout scale are also much higher at risk for Coronary Heart Disease. The life style that creates job burnout also seems to create heart disease. That is terrible. I am glad that the article has some suggestions both for ways to avoid burnout and coronary heart disease. I have been conscientious to try to make sure that I work in exercise, eating healthily, and getting enough sleep into my lifestyle, but I certainly do not get enough rest and prayer as I should. I don't think I am at risk for job burnout at the moment, but it is a problem for some priests. The passage I read today from the Bible was from Jeremiah. He was telling the Israelites of Judah and Jerusalem that they need to keep the sabbath day or otherwise God will destroy the land. It seems kind of round about, but over work of the land because of overwork of the people would lead to destruction of the land. The consequences are a bit more dire in the prophesy, but the Israelites at the time had a lot to contend with during the post-exilic period. No matter who you are, you should take time to rest, relax, and be connected with your self, your family, and your community.

Another interesting article which I read today was about a triple quasar system. That is cool!

1 comment:

  1. It's a problem for Bishop's Wardens too. At least this one at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Translate