Monday Computer Models

I think it is really cool that scientists are using computer models and simulations to learn more about cell part functions. I do not remember learning about integrins in science class, but if most scientists do not understand how they work, that is not really surprising. I doubt teachers like to teach things they do not understand. I am not a teacher though. I think the vast majority of researchers out there are doing some impressive things and most of the world will not ever know about their work. However, there are vast amounts of people out there doing other kinds of important work that no one will ever know about. I think the anonymous nature of humanity is rather unfortunate. We cannot know everyone and yet everyone is worth knowing in some capacity. Part of my problem with philosophical arguments about what we can know and how we can know is that I believe reality needs to include all the other people. I do not think we should argue that our realities only are made up of what we know when I don't believe that is true. I may be confusing things at the moment, but it is a Monday morning. I would so much rather be in bed or doing nothing. However, neither would I want to miss today's classes on Christology, the Future tense of Spanish, and translating part of the book of Esther from Hebrew. So off to school I go...

What is your favorite scientific computer model?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate