Olive Oil Video Wednesday


The article I read today was actually is a video about olive oil. It is really interesting to hear what they are doing to test olive oil and to see the quality of different types of olive oil. The industry does all sorts of things to try and increase sales but keep costs low. That does not always make for the best quality oil. Also, apparently olive oil should have a harvest date on it and that should be the date consumers look at when deciding which bottle of olive oil to purchase. Chemistry abounds in the food world. I think that is one reason I like cooking and baking so much is that it is usually tasty experimentation with different items. I do not have to write out my methods or ingredients, I can experiment and keep going in order to find the combination that I really like. http://thinkingintermsof.scienceblog.com/2013/03/04/avoiding-olive-oil-fraud/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate