Watching Brain Drain

The articles I read today were about how your brain gets tired while doing physical activity and shuts down the muscles and how researchers were able to tell who people were thinking about in an experiment given the personality traits given to the models. I think the second ability is quite impressive. I love learning about human brains, part of knowing myself. So effectively I can learn from this article that my brain processes people differently because of the personality traits that I perceive in them. I use different parts of my brain to think about different people. I am very glad that no one watches my brain, but I am glad that researchers are doing brain research. I wonder what else we can see in the brain images given by thinking. If I am thinking about a certain type of game, will that show up differently than other types of games? I bet it would, but I wonder how far that ability goes? Can we see how much of one personality trait is being thought about by the amount of activity in that location of the brain? How much can I really learn about myself in learning about my brain? Is neurology the same as psychology where people who study it go through stages of thinking that they have the latest problem they are learning about? There are definitely a few neurological and psychological problems that I do not have. What can you learn about your own brain from self testing and experimentation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate