Dinner Guests -- Round 2.2

Finally! The next installment of the dinner guests tournament. Here I will narrow down the left side of the bracket. Here's what it looks like now:


And my picks:

Wash vs. the 10th Doctor
Wow, this is tough. Even as I write this, I'm not 100% sure who to pick. I've only seen the modern Doctor Who, but #10 is my favorite of the three I've been exposed to. Plus, having a time lord present at your dinner party would make for quite the night. There's also the potential for a TARDIS ride... That said, I choose Wash as he is one of my all time favorite characters, and he has his own pretty impressive space ship. Also, I don't think I could ever get enough of this.

Professor McGonagall vs. Hermione
This one wasn't quite as tough as the first one in this round, but I still hate to see a beloved character go. I choose Hermione here, mostly because I could see us being good friends, even if she can be a bit bossy.

Fred Weasley vs. Troy Barnes
Two of the funniest men in the tournament toe to toe here. Therefore, I'll have to go with the one that can perform magic (sorry Troy, the Dreamatorium doesn't count).

Legolas vs. River Song
No offense to Legolas, but this is probably the easiest one this round. River Song is quite the character and will probably make at the least a decent run in this tournament.

Gus vs. Peach
While Peach is one of my favorite Finding Nemo characters, Gus takes it here, as long as he drives the blueberry.

Stormy vs. Jack
This is tough because I'd like to see Jack go farther in this tournament, but Stormy is such an interesting character in her own right. Also, since it's past my bedtime I'm not feeling too adventurous, so hanging out with Jack doesn't sound quite as appealing as it might otherwise.

Arya vs. Holmes
Another toughy! Again, I hate to see such a beloved character go, but I have to go with Holmes here. It would be amusing to listen to his thought process, and maybe even learn a thing or two!

Marvin vs. Early
The deciding factor here is mostly that Marvin would probably depress the entire party.

So there you have it! Here's the bracket with the latest picks filled in:


1 comment:

Translate