A Teensy-Weensy Tidbit about the LHC

Have you ever played Scribblenauts? One of my favorite things to call upon was the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. Yes, I might be a geek. Just maybe. The article I read today was about the presentation of the data and findings at a conference today of last years exploration for the Higgs boson particle. It is interesting that the scientists cannot 100% say that what they found is the Higgs boson particle, but that it has so far conformed to the understanding of what a Higgs boson particle would do/be. I do not know much about the classification of particles discussed in the article. I do think it is cool also that they are not sure what model of physics this particle will uphold with its behavior. The scientific method at work! Most of my uses of the scientific method these days involve food. One such example was my gluten free communion wafer testing party recently. I am writing an article about that now, so hopefully I will be able to put it up soon (or if I get lucky, a link to where it is elsewhere...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate